This course introduces the Java programming language and environment. This includes Java primitive types, flow of control constructs, operators, objects & classes, interfaces, class libraries and packages. Also introduced are GUI (including Swing, Applets), exception handling, text I/O and multithreading.
- CIS 35A is a 4.5 unit class.
- CIS 22A is for people who know C++.
- Access to the Internet and Java compiler from work and/or school is a big plus.
The Student Learning Outcomes are:
- Read, analyze and explain intermediate level Java programs.
- Create algorithms, code, document, debug, and test intermediate level Java programs.