Windows Fax and Scan lets you fax and scan documents with a single application, rather than using the combination of Fax Console and the Scanner and Camera Wizard that you had to use in Windows XP.
Windows Fax and Scan uses the following hardware:
- An image scanner for scanning documents or photos
- A fax device such as a modem
You don't need to have both a scanner and a fax modem to take advantage of Windows Fax and Scan. The program does help you use both together, but it can be useful even if you have just one or the other.
- Windows Fax and Scan is a utility that is used to control scanning and faxing documents in Windows 7. Windows Fax and Scan is optimized to scan documents for faxing.
- By using Windows Fax and Scan, you can:
- Scan documents and pictures
- Fax scanned documents and pictures
- Fax electronic documents
- Receive faxes
- Create and manage fax coversheets
- Forward received faxes, scanned documents, and scanned pictures by using e-mail
- Send faxes by using a central fax server
- Maintain a contacts list that includes phone numbers for faxing